Paldor Peak (5,896m) is located in the range of Ganesh Himal of central Nepal. The Name Ganesh is taken from the best worshiped Hindu god Ganesh who has Elephant headed Hindu God of good luck. Including Paldor there are few other peaks opened for climbing. Paldor is one of the very early climbed Himalayan Peaks in Nepal. It was climbed by Bill Tilman (Pioneer British explorer in the Himalayas) in first time at 1949. This mountain can be climbed from North East, South East, West and South West Ridge.
The easiest and quickest approach to Paldor and Ganesh Himal is from Syabru near Dunche in the Trisuli valley which can be reached in a 6 to 7 hours drive from Kathmandu. From here the trail crosses the Langtang Khola to Sabrubesi. After crossing the Bhote Kosi River the route leads via Tamang villages of Tangjet and Gatlang, and then heads northwards along the ridge before dropping into the forest above Mailung Khola to pick up the newly built road that leads to an army post. The moraine filled valley below Paldor is reached from here in another days walk. Another interesting approach is the trek from Sundarijal. Through the hills of Helambu and over the Gosainkunda range to Syabru. We can return back to Kathmandu by 4, 5 days trekking until Trishuli Bazaar and 4 hours drives can take back to Kathmandu.
Day 1:Meet at Kathmandu airport, transfer to hotel
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to hotel and stay.
Day 3: Kathmandu – Dhunche- 7 hour drives by local bus or by jeep. (1950m).
Day 4: Dhunche - Syabru Besi.
Day 5: Syabru Besi - Thangjet (1676m).
Day 6: Thangjet - Yuri Kharka Camp.
Day 7: Yari Kharka - Below Lari Mine.
Day 8: Lari Mine Camp - Base Camp.
Day 9: Base Camp- Rest day for Acclimatization.
Day 10: Base Camp - High Camp.
Day 11: Climbing Paldor Back - Base camp.
Day 12: Base Camp - Lari Mine.
Day 13: Lari Mine - Yari Kharka.
Day 14: Yari Kharla – Thangjet.
Day 15: Trek - Syabru Besi (1450m).
Day 16: Drive back to Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 17: Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with Nepali dinner, hotel
Day 18: Final departure, transfer to airport
In the Above Cost It Includes:
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. 4 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
5. All accommodation during the trek.
6. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
7. Transportation to and from trail head.
8. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
9. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Equipment such as tents And Mattresses, Cooking Equipment, Camp site charges, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
10. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
11. Trekking staffs wages etc.
12. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc