Manaslu (8,163) is the high peak of the Gorkha massif, and is the eighth highest mountain in the world. It is located about forty miles east of Annapurna, the tenth highest mountain. Climbing Manaslu requires more time than other 8000m Peaks in Nepal due to long approach to reach to the base of the mountain however we can use a helicopter to make a expedition shorter. The name Manaslu is derived from the Sanskrit word Manasa and can be roughly translated as Mountain of the Spirit. An all-female Japanese expedition successfully ascended to the summit, thereby becoming the first women to climb an 8,000-meter peak.
The mountain’s long ridges and valley glaciers offer feasible approaches from all directions, and it culminates in a peak that towers steeply above its surrounding landscape, and is a dominant feature when seen from a far. Normally, four camps will be set up in the approach of the mountain. There will be a few stretches of steep climbing and crevasses from Camp I to Camp II. Slippery snow climbing is required from Camp II to Camp III. Avalanches are a threat from Camp III to Camp IV.
The first survey of the peak was made by a Japanese expedition in 1952 and the first climb was made by Japanese team on the peak in 1953.
Day 1: Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Day 3: Preparation for official arrangement for climbing
Day 4: Drive to Gorkha, Ornight in lodge
Day 5: Gorkha to Khanchok. Overnight in lodge.
Day 6: Khanchok to Khursani Bari. Overnight in lodge.
Day 7: Khursani Bari to Macha Khola Overnight in camp.
Day 8: Jagat. Overnight in camp.
Day 9: Macha Khola to Nyak. Overnight in camp.
Day 10: Nyak to Prok. Overnight in camp.
Day 11: Prok to Namru. Overnight in camp.
Day 12: Namru to Lho. Overnight in camp.
Day 13: Lho to Sama Gaon. Overnight in camp.
Day 14: Sama Gaon to Manaslu base camp.
Day 15-50: Climbing period.
Day 51: Base Camp to Sama Gaon. Overnight in camp
Day 52: Sama Gaon to Nyak. Overnight in Camp.
Day 53: Nyak to Jagat. Overnight in camp.
Day 54: Jagat tp Machakhola. Overnight in camp.
Day 55: Machakhola to Arkhet. Overnight in camp
Day 56: Arkhet to Gorkha. Overnight in lodge.
Day 57 : Drive back to Kathmandu. Hotel
Day 58 : Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with nepali dinner, hotel
Day 59: Final departure, transfer to airport
We will provide you the expedition cost as per your group size and expedition service requirement. Therefore we request you to send us e-mail or use expedition booking form for further inquiry.
Expedition cost for service up to summit:
1. Airport Transfers in Kathmandu
2.5 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star hotel on BB plan (before and after the expedition)
3. Transportation as per the program
4. Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp and back
5. Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back
6. Base Camp single tent for each member, BC staffs and Liaison Officer
All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table and chairs and cooking utensils for Base Camp
7. Food and fuel at base camp
8. Service of Government Liaison Officer
9. Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
10. Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer
11. Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison Officer and porters
12. Peak Permit fee of Mt. Expedition Mountain.
13. conservation fee and National Park fee
14. One high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food and gear to higher camps. 15. Also assist the member during climb and summit attempt
16.3 oxygen bottles (4 lts) per member with mask and regulator (for use only) "
Poisk oxygen system"
17. Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws etc)
18. High altitude food
19. High altitude fuel
20. High altitude tents
21. Walkie-talkies for each member
22.2 Expedition duffel bag per climber
23. Solar panel or Generator at Base Camp for light and charging
24. Emergency medical oxygen at base camp
25. Visa extension fee
26. Agency service charge
Expedition cost for service up to summit:
Cost does not include:
1. International airfare from / to your country
2. Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
3. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
4. Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu.
5. Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
6. Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage
7. Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming
8. Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
9. Tips and bonuses
11. Garbage deposit fee