Mt. Baruntse (7129m) is one of the best 7000m peak in the Himalayas. Mt. Baruntse lies in between on the lap of Everest and Makalu Mountain. The peak standing majestically in the center of some highest peaks of the Himalaya like Makalu, Lhotse and Nupse offers a rewarding climbing experience. Now a days this This mountain has become a popular for climbers.
This peak is technically not so demanding, comparing to Amadablam and Pumori, though it offers a good experience of snow and ice climb with some ice cliff obstacle sections around 700m. This mountain was first ascended first by Colin Todd and Geoff Harrow on 30 May 1954.The south -East Ridge of Baruntse is little bit difficult because of being straightforward hard ways to climb. After a successful summit of mount Baruntse, we cross Amphu Laptsa Pass and enter to Upper Khumbu region. The return trek will pass through delighthful sherpa villages,
Day 1: Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Day 3: Official preparation for climbing.
Day 4: flight: Ktm-Lukla, continue trek to Chutok, overnight in camp
Day 5: Chutok to Pangom, overnight in camp
Day 6: Pangom to Kurke, overnight in camp
Day 7: Kurke to Chetarawa, overnight in camp
Day 8: Chetarawa to Tashing Dingma, overnight in camp
Day 9: Tashing Dingma to Thangnang, overnight in camp
Day 10: Thangnag to Kharka, overnight in camp
Day 11: Kharka to Khongmi Dingma, overnight in camp
Day 12: Khongmi Dingma to Chomlang Base Camp
Day 13: Chomlang Base Camp to Baruntse Base Camp
Day 14-25: Climbing period of Baruntse
Day 26: Baruntse Base Camp to Amphu Laptcha, overnight in camp
Day 27: Amphu Laptcha to Chhukung, overnight in camp
Day 28: Chhukung to Namche, overnight in lodge
Day 29 : Namche to Lukla, overnight in Hotel
Day 30 : Flight from Lukla-Ktm, transfer to hotel
Day 31 : Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with nepali dinner, hotel
Day 32: Final departure, transfer to airport
Expedition cost for service up to summit:
1. Airport Transfers in Kathmandu
2.5 night’s hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star hotel on BB plan (before and after the expedition)
3. Transportation as per the program
4. Transport of food supply and expedition equipments to Base Camp and back
5. Full board in lodges during trekking to base camp and back
6. Base Camp single tent for each member, BC staffs and Liaison Officer
All kitchen tent, store tent, dining tents, toilet tent, table and chairs and cooking utensils for Base Camp
7. Food and fuel at base camp
8. Service of Government Liaison Officer
9. Service of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp
10. Equipments allowance, wages of cook, kitchen boy and Liaison officer
11. Insurance of cook, kitchen boy, Liaison Officer and porters
12. Peak Permit fee of Mt. Expedition Mountain.
13. conservation fee and National Park fee
14. One high altitude Sherpa per climber to carry all food and gear to higher camps. 15. Also assist the member during climb and summit attempt
16.3 oxygen bottles (4 lts) per member with mask and regulator (for use only) "
Poisk oxygen system"
17. Common climbing equipment (necessary rope, ice bars, ice screws etc)
18. High altitude food
19. High altitude fuel
20. High altitude tents
21. Walkie-talkies for each member
22.2 Expedition duffel bag per climber
23. Solar panel or Generator at Base Camp for light and charging
24. Emergency medical oxygen at base camp
25. Visa extension fee
26. Agency service charge
Expedition cost for service up to summit:
Cost does not include:
1. International airfare from / to your country
2. Nepal entry visa fee (can be obtained at the airport upon arrival)
3. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
4. Hotel after 5 night stay in Kathmandu.
5. Personal climbing gear and equipment above base camp
6. Personal insurance such as travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation and lost luggage
7. Applicable permit fees and customs charges and commercial filming
8. Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, postage, telephone etc.
9. Tips and bonuses
11. Garbage deposit fee