Everest Expedition –South Face;
Facts of the Trip
Highest access: 8,848m (29,029ft)
First Ascent: May 29, 1953 Edmund Hillary & Tenzing Norgey Sherpa
Duration: 63 Days
Group Size: 1-10 persons per group
Co-ordinates: 27°59'17'' N / 86°55'31'' E
Location: Nepal/Tibet border
Airport: Kathmandu Airport
Departure From: Kathmandu Airport
Accommodation: Three star to five star as request
Meals: B/B plan in Kathmandu & B, I, D during trekking and climbing
Transportation: vehicle and domestic flight
Best season: Spring Season (April, May)
Major Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
Include Activity: Trekking/Mountaineering
Culture: Sherpa and Tamang
Mode of Travel: Tea House/Camping
Climbing route: South East Ridge (Normal route)
Himalayan sights: Lhotse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Cho-Oyu
Itinerary Details of Everest Expedition -Spring 2017
01 April 2017 / Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m).
02 April 2017 / Day 02: Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing.
03 April 2017 / Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m) and trek to Phakding ( 4hrs).
04 April 2017 / Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m approx 7hrs walk).
05 April 2017 / Day 05: Weak up early in the morning at 5 o'clock. You may walk to Everest view Hotel and visit to Hilary museum and Sherpa museum.
06 April 2017/ Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3860m approx 5 hrs walk).
07 April 2017 / Day 07: Trek from Tyangboche to Pheriche / Dingboche (4250m 5 hrs walk).
08 April 2017/ Day 08: Trek from Pheriche / Dingboche to Lobuche (5018m, 4hrs walk).
09 April 2017 / Day 09: Lobuche rest day for acclimatization.
10 April 2017 / Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m, 3 hrs walk) and rest.
11 April 2017 / Day 11: Trek from Gorakshep to Everest Base camp (5200m)- 03 hours.
12 April 2017- 26 May 2017 / Day12-57: Climbing period (summit period for summit).
27 May 2017 / Day 58: Preparation to returning (Clean Base Camp) and Trek to Lobuche.
28 May 2017 / Day 59: Trek from Lobuche (5218) to Dingboche (4260m approx 4hrs walk).
29 May 2017/ Day 60: Trek from Dingboche to Tengboche (3860M approx 4 hrs walk).
30 May 2017/ Day 61: Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazaar (3440m approx 4hrs walk).
31 May 2017 / Day 62: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m approx 7hrs walk).
01 Jun 2017 / Day 63: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu Transfer to hotel.
02 Jun 2017 / Day 64: Free and explore day around the Kathmandu and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
03Jun 2017 /Day 65: Final departure or alternatively join other activities.
Cost per person in group joining basic
65 Days Full board Everest expedition spring 2017 with personal climbing Sherpa guide and leader on team.
Full Board service cost includes:
- Arrival and departure transfer services to and from both Domestic and International flight as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Friendship World Treks while arriving and departing in Kathmandu.
- 4 Nights Yak and Yeti or similar hotels accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- Experienced and government licensed high altitude trekking guide during the trekking and climbing period.
- Schedule Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member, Sherpa guide, liaison officer and kitchen staff.
- All trekking and mountaineering equipments like; kitchen tent, stores tent, dining tents, toilet tents, tables, chairs, and cooking utensils for advance Base Camp and camp two.
- Common climbing equipment (necessary fixed and main rope, ice bars, ice screws, snow bar etc)
- Services of cook and kitchen boy at Base Camp and cook at Camp 2
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea/ coffee) in available tea house/hotel/lodge during the trekking
- 3 fresh meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners) will be serve at base camp, and camp two.
- All food and fuel for Base Camp and higher camps during expedition for both members and crews.
- Per person 60kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak to climbing the Mt. Everest.
- Daily Weather Report Services from Seattle based
- Trekking Permit (Everest National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System).
- Expedition Royalty and climbing permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Everest (8848M).
- Nepalese Government Royalty and fees;
- One Experienced, Trained, Government Licensed, and 03 Times Everest Summiteers Climbing/expedition Guide (Sherpa) per client.
- All wages, equipment, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs in trekking and expedition.
- Medical consultation services at the base camp with the HRA clinic at the base camp.
- Equipment allowances and wages for Climbing Sherpa’s, cooks, kitchen boys.
- Equipment allowances and wages for Government Liaison Officer.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 3 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Heater will be provided at base camp for heating the dining room.
- Emergency Oxygen, mask and regulator provided on requirement of guest with appropriate charge
- Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
- Solar panel for light and battery charger.
- All tents for camp 1, 2, 3 and 4 for members and staff.
- Ice fall charges by Sagarmatha Pollution Control Committee.
- Gamow Bags (Portable Altitude Chamber).
- 7 Bottles (28L) of Poisk Oxygen will be provided each members (we use Poisk brands of the Oxygen)
- Latest model of Summit or Top out system mask and regulators
- Sherpa's tents, food for climbing, and insurance for staff
- Helicopter rescue insurance for high altitude climbing Sherpa guide, cook and staff.
- Free assistance service for Cargo clearance and Duties.
- Fresh cooked food and kitchen will be provided at camp two.
- Trekking and Climbing map of the Mount Everest.
- EPI Cooking gas, stove will be provided in camp one, three and south col for cooking food, boiling water.
- Generator will be providing for back- up of lighting power and charging electronic tools.
- Transportation of food supply to Base Camp from Kathmandu (Cargo to Lukla and then by porter/Yaks to base camp)
- Our service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal.
- Complete pre-departure information
- Flight ticket reconfirmation
- visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu.
- Friendship World Treks T-shirt/Pashmina, broacher.
Full board service Cost Exclude:
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except for the farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars during the trekking.
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips.
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
- Extra transportation then display in itinerary program.
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Wallie-talkies & Filming permit (if special camera or walllie-talkies).
- Personal climbing gears;
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phone And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Camera/Video Fees or Trekking Gears
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa Guides as per Mountaineering Association rules. Minium US$ 1000.00 per climbing Sherpa guide.
- Tips and gifts for base camp and high altitude trekking and climbing staff.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance on arrival in Kathmandu)
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not included in “COST INCLUDES” section.