The Gosaikunda trek is one of the most beautiful trekking in Nepal. Kund is a Nepali word, means: lake. There are 108 kunds in this area and mainly visible from the routes are Saraswati Kund, Bhairab Kund, Surya Kund and Gosaikunda is the famous and most important one and believed to have been created by lord Shiva.Gosainkunda trek,The third most popular trekking region in the kingdom lies directly to the north of Kathmandu.The Gosainkunda lakes situated here a much-reversed Hindu pilgrimage site. This Gosainkunda trek offer baffling extremes in topography and climate condition. In just one day you can traverse five different vegetation zones trekking from the Subtropics to timberline (maximum elevation 4800m).
Days 1: Arrival at Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Days 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNISCO world heritage site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to hotel and stay.
Days 3: KTM - Dhunche, Drive to trekking starting point. Dhunche is about 8 hour drive which provides you mointain scenery and landscape. Stay overnight there.
Days 4: Dhunche to Sing Gompa, camp.
Days 5: Sing Gompa to Gosainkunda lake. The trail to Lauri Binayak is steep & continues for three hours. Then the trail becomes much narrow & misty as well as change in vegetation too as the green vegetation becomes much deserted & rocky. From lauri Binayak takes about 3 hours to reach to Gosainkunda.
Days 6: Gosainkunda to Ghopte. After expore around at at Gosainkunda, we set for another day's walk. the walk goes through a steep trail for 2 & half an hour & crosses a pass at 4500m and the trail is too rocky. After the pass the trail becomes to descend & the slope continues for about 3 hours & reaches to Ghopte for the night halt.
Days 7: Ghopte to Tharepati (3510m). The trail continues through the forest of pine & juniper about 2 hour's slope up to Thadepati.
Days 8: Tharepati- Melamchi: A short, steep descent through mixed fir and rhododendron forest rich with bird life. Crashing waterfalls sound from the rocky gullies below as you approach Melamchi.
Days 9: Trek 14 - Melamchi – Tarkegyang : The trail descends steeply to the valley floor, where you can have a well earned dip in the crystal- clear river before completing the short and mild ascent up the other side of the valley. Tarkegyang boasts an 18th century Gompa with huge brass prayer wheel.
Days 10: Tarkegyang – Sermathang : A flat pleasant walk to Shermathang for walking. This is a an entering Sherpa village and they will be happy to introduce themselves that they are different from the Sherpa of Khumbu(Everest region) In the clear day the villages provide good views of Ganesh Himal, Langtang, Gosainkunda and Rolwaling.. Even Everest also in a distance.
Days 11: Melamchi drive back to Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
In the Above Cost It Includes:
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
5. All accommodation during the trek.
6. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
7. Transportation to and from trail head.
8. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
9. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Equipment such as tents And Mattresses, Cooking Equipment, Camp site charges, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
10. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
11. Trekking staffs wages etc.
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc