05 DAYS GHOREPANI – POONHILL TREK
This trek to north of Pokhara is known as a beautiful Annapurna Trek with the magnificent Himalayan view sighted from the top of Poon Hill. The Poon Hill is one of the best points for a camera to catch the Panoramic Himalaya; including Machhapuchhre, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri
GRADE: EASY TO MODERATE
HIGHEST ACCESS POINT: 3210M (POON HILL)
CULTURE: GURUNG, MAGAR
HIMALAYAN SIGHTS: DHAULAGIRI, FISHTAIL, ANNAPURNA RANGE, MANASLU, NILGIRI ETC
MOST ATTRACTION: CLOSE MOUNTAIN VIEW, VILLAGES
DAY: 1 POKHARA DRIVE TO NAYAPUL - TREK TO TIKHEDHUNGA [1540M]
A scenic 1 hour drive from Pokhara takes us to the starting point of our trek. Crossing the suspension bridge over the Modi Khola River, we ascend slowly through terraced fields and classic mountain villages. Along the way we will encounter mule or goat caravans carrying supplies to the mountains, heralded by the musical bells they wear. The stunning peaks of Machhapuchare and Annapurna peaking over the green ridges will greet us from time to time as we continue up to Tikhredhunga.
DAY 2: TREK FROM TIKHEDHUNGA TO GHOREPANI [2775M]
Today begins with a real heart-starter! We have a steep ascent to get us going and then a more gradual uphill walk takes us to our camp at Ghorepani. We will pass through some delightful villages and the beautiful, dense rhododendron forest so characteristic of Nepal at these altitudes! If the weather is clear we will see stunning mountain views from Ghorepani, making the climb well worth it! At Gorepani, we are on the main Annapurna Circuit route and there are likely to be lots of travellers passing through this ridge-top settlement in both directions. Ghorepani literally means "horse water" and is a popular stopping place for the mule trains which ply the route from Pokhara to Jomsom and beyond. The impressive peak which can be seen across the broad valley of the Kali Gandaki to the northwest is Dhaulagiri.
DAY 3: SUNRISE AT POON HILL (3200M) – TREK TO TADAPANI [2650M]
It is an absolute must for those who stay at Ghorepani to make the walk up to the celebrated view point of Poon Hill [3195m], which overlooks the village. Dawn is the best time to go so we arrange a wake up call for 5 am and head up the well marked track by torchlight. The first light of dawn illuminates Dhaulagiri and Tukuche Peak with a surreal pink glow.
You may be able to buy coffee and breakfast from an enterprising local who has carried his produce up to Poon Hill to take advantage of the morning trade. Otherwise, we return to Ghorepani for breakfast, before trekking on to Tadapani through rhododendron forest. If we are lucky we will see some wild animals, such as langur monkeys climbing through the trees. There are excellent views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhare from Tadapani.
DAY 4: TADAPANI TREK TO GHANDRUK [1950M]
From Tadapani the trail descends through beautiful forests to Ghandruk, which is a stunning village of Gurung people, one of Nepal’s most famous ethnic groups, known for their distinctive dialect, culture, costume, and life style. Ghandruk is also home to many soldiers from the famous Gurkha regiments. From here we can have stunning views of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Gangapurna, Annapurna III and Fishtail.
DAY 05: GHANDRUK TREK TO NAYAPUL AND DRIVE TO POKHARA
We can enjoy a final down hill walk through forest and villages for about 5 hrs to Nayapul. From here we drive for about 1 hour back to Pokhara where our trek ends and we can enjoy a shower and relax on this stunning lakeside town enjoying the memories!
Important note on itinerary: Although Ever effort will be made to follow the schedule above, this itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions, route conditions, conditions of trekkers, conditions of staff and other factors which is beyond our control.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 2 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
& Breakfast) and 2 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Pokhara with B & B.
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head by Private Vehicles.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
16. All Trekking Staffs Insurance during trekking period.
17. Trekking Map, T-shirt, Trekking certificates.
18. Exclusive of Medical Kit Bag
19. Duffle Bag for Carrying your luggage during Trek.
20. All Government and local Taxes
21. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
22. Meals will be Start when your Trek starts.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel Nights in Kathmandu and Pokhara.