This festival is celebrated at the monasteries of Tengboche, Thami and Chiwang right after the full moon of autumn. The monks, with elaborate masks and costumes on, perform a series of ritualistic dances of the triumph of Buddhism over Bon, the ancient animistic religion of Tibet. On the first day of the festival, Lamas of the monastery pray in the courtyard. The second day, you can see the Lamas dancing with brocade gowns and wonderful painted paper-mouth masks. Hundreds of Sherpas from all over Khumbu attend the performance, as it is an important social occasion as well as an entertaining spectacle. Along with the serious and intricate dances the Lamas also dramatize two absurd comic sequences that make the entire performance a grand and amusing event. On the final evening of Mani Rimdu the villagers join in an all-night Sherpa dance. We have following trips of Kala Patthar-Everest Base Camp which allows you to grace the festivals at Tengboche and Chiwang Monastery.
Days 1: Meet at Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel
Days 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Return to the hotel.
Days 3: Flight from KTM – Lukla. Trek to Phakding (2,652m).
Days 4: Phakding to Namche (3,440m)- Beginning with a slight climb to Jhorsalle, the trail passes a waterfall. All day, we pass villages interspersed with magnificent forest- rhododendron, magniolia trees and giant firs. And on the way to walking you will be rewarded (weather permitting) your first glimpse of Kusum Kanggru (6369m) Thamserku (6608m) Everest (8848m) and Nuptse (7879 m). A steep climb up to the beautiful village of Namche bazaar (3440m).
Days 5: Acclimatization day in Namche. Acclimatization is most important before proceeding to a higher elevation. It is therefore recommended that you take a short days hike to Thame, Khunde or Khumjung or relax and explore the sherpa culture of Namche.
Days 6: Namche to Tengboche (3,867m): after walking one hour you arrive in phungithanga from there the trail climbs through forests where you can spot musk deer. Tengboche sits on a saddle at 3870m in a clearing surrounded by dwarf fires and rododendroms. Kwongde (6187m) Tawache(6542m) Everest (8848m) Nuptse (7855m) Lhotse (8618m) Amadablam (6856m) Thamserku (6608m) provide and inspiring panorama of Himalayan giants. We visit the Bhuddist Monastry at Tengboche, the largest in Khumbu region
Days 7-10: Tengboche Mani Rimdu festivals
Days 11: Tengboche to Khumjung Village (3,789m) We walk down to the river then start hiking up to Khumjung village. Many trekkers enjoy like this Khumjung village as there is a very beautiful community of Sherpas.
Days 12: Trek 6 Khumjung to Phakding (2,652m) Trek down to Namce, a color full center of Sherpa community, after that continue trek down to Phakding.
Days 13: Phakding to Lukla: Last day of the trek in a bustling town enjoy dinner with Your Trekking crew.
Days 14: Flight from Lukla - KTM, transfer to hotel
Days 15: Kathmandu free day, evening culture show with nepali dinner, hotel
Days 16: Final departure, transfer to airport.
In the Above Cost It Includes:
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. 4 Nights Accommodation in the 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
5. All accommodation during the trek.
6. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
7. Transportation to and from trail head.
8. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
9. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Equipment such as tents And Mattresses, Cooking Equipment, Camp site charges, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
10. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
11. Trekking staffs wages etc.
12. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
Services and Cost Does not Included in Price:
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.