Though less high and famous than the neighboring Khumbu, it is likewise inhabited by the friendly Sherpa people, Solu also receives far less trekking traffic than the Khumbu, making for a more intimate and authentic experience. Dudh Kunda Lake is situated at the foot of Number Himal, locally known as Shorong Yul Lha, “Protector of Solu ".
From Kathmandu we drive to Jiri and during two days we follow the Jiri - Lukla old route before heading to a completely new route through forested ridges and sparsely inhabited area. From day six, we trek through high pastures, pine and rhododendron forests without permanent settlement. Walking upstream the Beni Khola we reach Dudh Kunda and keep one day for exploring around. Rather than retracing our footsteps in return, we descend towards Khumbu region for ending in Lukla. Next day we fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 1: Arrival in Ktm and transfer to hotel.
Day 2: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to hotel and stay.
Day 3: Drive to Jiri : Trek begins, camp.
Day 4: Trek to Shivalaya, camp.
Day 5: Trek to Deurali, camp.
Day 6: Trek to Serdingma, camp.
Day 7: Trek to Kayama, camp.
Day 8: Trek to Chorma, camp.
Day 9: Trek to Lakoma Kharka, camp.
Day 10: Trek to Chatharam Kharka, camp.
Day 11: Trek to Sasarbeni, camp.
Day 12: Trek to Dudh Kunda, camp.
Day 13: Exploration and back to Sasarbeni, camp.
Day 14: Trek to Thanga, camp.
Day 15: Trek to Tate, camp.
Day 16: Trek to Lukla, camp.
Day 17: Flight: Lukla to Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Day 18: Free day in Ktm, hotel.
Day 19: Final departure.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
2. Licensed and trained trekking guides,
3. potters for carrying goods and supplies,
4. Meal on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek
5. 3 Nights Accommodation in the 2/3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed
6. All accommodation during the trek.
7. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
8. Transportation to and from trail head.
9. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
10. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Equipment such as tents And Mattresses, Cooking Equipment, Camp site charges, Insurance, and
equipment for the staffs.
11. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
12. Trekking staffs wages etc.
13. 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek.
14. Welcome and Fare well dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu.
1. International Airfares,
2. Travel/Trekking Insurance,
3. Excess baggage charges More than 16kg and hand bag more than 5 kg in
4. Visa fees.
5. Airport Departure Taxes.
6. Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic) Rescue charge.
7. Tips for The staffs.
8. Expenses of Personnel nature and Permit and Liaison officer fee (where Applicable.
9. Meals during stay in the Kathmandu.
10. Domestic Ticket Etc.
11. Extra Hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara